Increase phpMyAdmin Upload Size
Need to upload a huge file into your MySQL database? The easiest way I've found to accomplish this is simply to update my PHP settings, and then upload through phpMyAdmin. Here's how:
1. Find your php.ini file and open it up in a text editor.
2. Search for upload_max_filesize and increase it to the desired amount. Here's an example changing it to 256 megabytes:
1. ; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. 2. ; http://php.net/upload-max-filesize 3. upload_max_filesize=256M
Note: The third line is the only one you have to worry about. The other two are comments within the php.ini file.
3. You'll also have to search for post_max_size and increase it to the desired amount. Example:
1. ; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept. 2. ; http://php.net/post-max-size 3. post_max_size=256M
4. Save the php.ini file. (It's always a good idea to save a copy of the old one first, just in case you screw something up.)
5. Restart PHP.
6. Refresh your phpMyAdmin page in your browser.
If you run into trouble, let us know in the comments and we'll try our best to help out.