Delete an Entire Google Apps Account Domain
I had set up a Google Apps account on a domain that I wasn't using to test features before taking the plunge and switching over my real email to their service. I had forgotten about it until recently when I started getting emails from Google about service updates to that account. I get annoyed by emails like that, so I decided to shut down the testing Google Apps account. The process wasn't very intuitive and I didn't see much help out there on how to do it, so I thought I'd pass along what I found with you:
- Go to http://www.google.com/a/example.com/ and sign in under your admin account. If you haven't done so yet, you'll have to create your admin account and then log in – start with the Can't access your account? link.
- Click on the Domain settings tab in the blue row along the top.
- Click on the smaller Account information tab below that.
- You'll see a link there that says Delete Google Apps for example.com. Click it.
- From there, it's pretty straight-forward. Just follow the instructions they give you.
This post was published on May 24th, 2011 by Robert James Reese in the following categories: Email and Google Apps. Before using any of the code or other content in this post, you must read and agree to our Terms & Conditions.