Lehigh Valley Web Development
Ink Plant is a small but capable web development shop based in the Lehigh Valley of Pennsylvania. There is no “typical” project for us; our activities range from developing simple, design-heavy brochure websites to working with other firms on massive, complex database-driven systems. The thing that remains constant is our dedication to our clients and our commitment to writing quality code. We hit the deadlines that are set and we always follow through when help is needed even after the product has been delivered. And, instead of letting our small size be a setback, we turn it into an advantage — our lack of overhead allows us to bid very competitively but still deliver a quality product quickly.
Most of our work is done in a PHP/MySQL environment, although we branch out into other languages and databases when necessary. Over the years, we have developed a set of proprietary classes and functions that we prefer to use instead of those big, bulky frameworks that everyone else has become so dependent on. That said, we’re very flexible and can work within the specifications you set — we realize there is more than one way to approach the same problem.
Ink Plant goes far beyond simple web design. In addition to writing code, we can help with hosting and domain registrations, and we tons of experience with search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, search engine marketing, and brand development. Basically, if it’s online and it can help your business, we can do it.
Whether you’re a musician, small business, or artist looking for a simple presence on the web or a large corporation looking for extensive intranet and e-commerce development (or something in between), Ink Plant can build the perfect website for you using a combination of the following services:
- Site Design & Layout We’ll work with you to create a look and feel for your site that expresses the spirit of your business. Then, we’ll transform those ideas into your new website using clean authoring techniques and the latest technologies. This is where many web designers stop, but for us it is only the beginning.
- Database Integration We also provide full database integration to turn your site into a true business tool instead of just another sales ad. We can create forms that allow you to capture lead contact information, manage existing client information, and deliver continuously updated fresh content to your site’s visitors.
- Admin Tools We can create an organized, easy-to-use admin section of your site to allow you to sort and receive incoming data and to publish new content. Your new admin tools will make your website maintenance effortless.
- Website Promotion Creating the perfect website is only half the battle. You need someone to help you share it with the world. Our Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, both internal and external, will result in an increase of interested traffic to your site. Additionally, we can help you build and manage an effective online marketing campaign. By pairing SEO efforts with paid advertising, we allow you to effectively capture your target audience.
- Internal Systems Development In addition to creating public websites, Ink Plant has the experience and skills to develop complex internal workflow solutions for your company. Our products can increase efficiency by creating one home for CRM tools, memos, contract generation and storage, tasklists, project management, calendars, and more.
Here are a few of the projects that we’ve been spending our time on lately:
- Senior Life SolutionsThis is much more than just a pretty brochure site for Psychiatric Medical Care’s flagship product; it also hosts a secure Resource Library where their employees can securely upload, organize, and share documents; and a job portal that’s tied in with their recruiting software, creating a one stop shop for both new applicants and the hiring H.R. managers.
- Erica Sara DesignsIn addition to helping install and customize the store’s Big Commerce theme, we have done a ton of work behind the scenes, including the construction of a customized inventory management and accounting platform. Our tools allow ESD’s owner to spend more time creating the jewelry and less time hassling with numbers.
- Task YakWe spent a lot of time thinking about how people (like us) could manage their tasks with as few clicks as possible in an environment that involved no learning curve. Task Yak, our new task list, is the result of all that work.
- Awkward HugsAwkward Hugs is a goofy website meant to make you smile, chuckle, and occasionally all-out belly laugh. It’s also a site where we can test out new design concepts and see if they work. Check it out, we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.